About This Course
Understanding leave of absences is difficult but understanding the FMLA can be overwhelming. It is legalistic and complicated.
This CLE course on leave of absences and FMLA Compliance will provide you with a step-by-step guide to understanding the requirements set forth in the FMLA relating to leave of absences. It will also provide a step-by-step plan of action for when employees are out on a leave of absence to ensure legal compliance.
Just a sampling of the many practical tips you'll take away:
- Learn how to use our step-by-step guide for how to ensure FMLA compliance from when employee first takes leave until the end of the leave
- Understand that employees cannot take FMLA leave if they are not eligible
- Learn what the eligibility requirements are for FMLA leave
- Understand the legal definition of a serious health condition and how to apply this definition when approving FMLA leave
- How does the FMLA define who is a parent, spouse and child
- Understanding the four different methods for counting the 12-Month Period
- Learn about what medical certifications you can request before an employee can take FMLA leave
- Understand whether FMLA has to be taken all at once or whether it can be taken on an intermittent or reduced schedule basis
- Requirement that employee be reinstated to the same job
- How to ensure that you draft a legally Compliant FMLA Policy