About This Course
The ADA is one of the most complicated and legalistic employment laws out there. This CLE will ensure that employers better understand the legal compliance obligations under the ADA including engaging in the interactive process when an employee has requested a reasonable accommodation. Making sure you get the interactive process correct is tricky for employers.
What questions can you ask and what medical documentation can you request. How do you even know if an employee meets the definition of having a disability under the ADA? Is there more than one definition of disability under the ADA. What are some of the many reasonable accommodations that an employer has to provide? Do you have to provide a reasonable accommodation to an employee that has a disability and cannot get the COVID-19 vaccine if you made it mandatory or cannot wear a mask? The answers to these and many more questions will be provided in this informative in-depth ADA webinar.
What You'll Learn:
- Overview of recent case law on the interactive process under the ADA
- Learn what obligations employers have to engage in the interactive process and when this legal obligation is triggered
- Understand how to ensure legal compliance when engaging in the interactive process
- Understand the multiple definitions of "disability" within the meaning of the ADA
- Learn that the obligations to engage in the interactive process are ongoing
- How to recognize when an employee has requested a reasonable accommodation
- Learn what the words "undue burden" actually means and how an employer can establish this as a defense
- AND MUCH MORE!