About This Course
Negotiations are sometimes referred to as "the art of the possible". This course, entitled "Negotiations and the Modern Presidency" will utilize US presidential history as a backdrop for analyzing successful, and failed, negotiations and what we can learn from them.
Topics to be explored are:
- Basic principles of negotiation
- Changes brought about in post-World War II America
- Negotiations and the civil rights movement
- Negotiating America's role in the world
- Negotiating War and Peace.