About This Course
Sports leagues and their teams have a unique legal relationship. Are they a single entity, partners or joint venturers? When trouble arises between teams and their leagues, what causes of action and remedies are available to right the wrong?
This fast moving presentation covers the potential causes of action and affirmative defenses, followed by analysis of potential extraordinary remedies. The first half covers the best use of antitrust, tortious interference, breach of contract, fiduciary duty and other potential claims.
The second half analyzes strategic use of available remedies like Injunction, liquidated damages, rescission, conspiracy, punitive damages and more.
Using stories from real cases, this entertaining and informative session will show lawyers:
- The first thing to look for in a sports league dispute
- The fastest way to resolve a dispute before it causes permanent damage
- The power and flexibility of Antitrust claims
- The Six Great Remedies and how to employ them
- Effective strategies and tactics to get results for your clients