About This Course
This CLE Course will provide in detail the key provisions impacting retirement accounts such as:
- $10 million Cap on retirement accounts if your income is above $450,000.
- The elimination of the Backdoor Roth IRA. If you are above the above-mentioned income limits, you can no longer convert to a Roth IRA..
- The elimination of the Mega Backdoor Roth strategy. No longer can you contribute after-tax funds into your workplace plan, or convert after-tax contributions to an IRA. This applies to everyone!
- The prohibition of holding assets that require accredited investor status with IRA funds. For example, you couldn’t use your IRA to invest in private placements.
- The prohibition from using your IRA to invest in any entity you own more than 10% or serve as an officer.
- Extend the statute of limitations from three to six years on IRAs, giving the IRS more time to find asset valuation and prohibited transaction violations.
- Provide the IRS with approximately $80 billion to help them with tax enforcement and update information technology.